It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Volvo V60 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Louisville.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around annually are likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
Companies offering Volvo V60 insurance in Kentucky
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Kentucky. In order to find cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Louisville with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, family plan, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, good student, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in Louisville.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is pet coverage available?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Volvo V60 to commute?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Kentucky?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Louisville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Louisville can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Featured below are Louisville independent agencies that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
- Nelson Insurance Group
2000 Envoy Cir # 2000 – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 736-7000 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Louisville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Robin Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
4209 Shelbyville Rd, Ste B – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6476 – View Map
- Vince Jarboe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5101 New Cut Rd – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 380-3800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Hatzell
406 Blankenbaker Pkwy, Ste C2 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 244-1079 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, court costs, medical services and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your V60 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your V60 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volvo V60.
Since many Kentucky drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Kentucky limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We just presented many ideas to compare Volvo V60 insurance auto insurance rates in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Louisville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Volvo V60 insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)