If you want to save money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Louisville is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper S60 coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important note is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $70 a month compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Louisville is your goal, knowing how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new S60 may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Louisville can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, good driver
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and drive less.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be offered in every state. To see car insurance companies with the best Volvo S60 insurance discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Kentucky. If you want to find the best car insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Buy Volvo S60 Insurance for Less
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Gender matters – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kentucky motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Costs may be higher where you live – Being located in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Safety first – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Job stress can affect premiums – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and accountants have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Credit history impacts premiums – Having a good credit score factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Volvo S60 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Insurance losses for a Volvo S60 – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you want a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Louisville who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Miles
9475 Westport Rd #305 – Louisville, KY 40241 – (502) 423-1171 – View Map
- Justin Roper – State Farm Insurance Agent
8800 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 271-3211 – View Map
- Tom Kanaly – State Farm Insurance Agent
6608 Bardstown Rd a – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 231-2350 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Louisville, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Kentucky but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Louisville auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Louisville. The company information in the lists below may help you decide which auto insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Don’t give up on cheap rates
The cheapest Volvo S60 insurance in Louisville can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Louisville, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
When getting Louisville auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)