It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare price quotes will most likely switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Louisville is the reason for your visit, learning how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Louisville is to compare prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more details to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Louisville is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have insurance now, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Although Kentucky drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Kentucky. To get the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing your policy, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is emailed to companies in Louisville that can provide free Louisville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Louisville?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they function. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Carmel Stauffer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3805 Poplar Level Rd – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 375-1744 – View Map
- Joe Bell Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4016 Preston Hwy – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 361-2367 – View Map
- Justin Roper – State Farm Insurance Agent
8800 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 271-3211 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- Phil Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
9300 Shelbyville Rd #1004 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 327-6966 – View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as low cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.