If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Louisville is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Kentucky. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Louisville could save approximately 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
This article’s intent is to introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and how to save the most money. If you have insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Consumers just need to know the best way to get comparison rates online.
Cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates in Louisville
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Kids living away from Louisville attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, location of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-policy, accident-free, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas rate quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Louisville. To locate companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Louisville is to know almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information such as the ages of drivers, deductibles desired, whether you have decent credit, and how much school you completed. Your rating data is then submitted to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. To get the best cheap car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most larger companies afford a discount for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save money by buying from different companies
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Certain jobs raise prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military personnel, social workers, and medical professionals generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers such as farmers, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Keep auto insurance claims to a minimum – Auto insurance companies in Kentucky award the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Better prices on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen Atlas is worth?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Louisville insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Louisville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Louisville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required in Kentucky but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Atlas has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Ratings for Louisville car insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Kentucky. The ranking data listed below can help you pick which providers to look at shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote more to save more
Affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Louisville is available on the web and with local Louisville insurance agents, so get free Louisville car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When getting Louisville car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)