It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Louisville is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Louisville is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for the details to help prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates online is quite simple as you just type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on the data you entered.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Kentucky. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can slash Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates
Insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Louisville attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good driver, and student away at school.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, early bird, automatic seat belts, air bags, driver training, good student, and teen driver.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
If you need cheaper Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
Kentucky auto insurance company ratings
Picking the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Louisville. The rank data shown next could help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Louisville Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major companies apply better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Rates can change based on your address – Living in less populated areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Being married brings a discount – Your spouse helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Higher rates for specific employers – Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft.
Insurance loss data for a Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Insurers use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Highlander Hybrid vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years