If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Louisville.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high prices and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Aerio coverage is available in Louisville. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s shocking but most drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Louisville could cut their rates by $631 a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Louisville is to know the trick most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including what you do for a living, if you have a valid license, whether you have decent credit, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Choosing the best Suzuki vehicle insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki Aerio insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Suzuki Aerio, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Suzuki Aerio but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Suzuki as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Kentucky overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Suzuki Aerio Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates.
Does your occupation cost you more? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as military personnel, architects, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Coverage lapses lead to higher prices – Going without insurance is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could result in fines and jail time.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Extra policy coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Performance influences costs – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Score discounts on Louisville insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Louisville auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should help reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, safety device, homeowner, and claim free.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, military active duty, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, and multiple policy.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Compare prices but still have a local Louisville insurance agent
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Louisville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Louisville who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Louisville can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include price quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Louisville who may provide free price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Louisville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Louisville?
Ratings for Kentucky car insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Kentucky. The company information in the lists below can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheap car insurance is out there
As you quote Louisville auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Suzuki Aerio insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)