Do you get exhausted from wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers in Kentucky.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Kentucky could save themselves nearly 30% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to go online and compare rates.
Steps to quoting cheaper Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Louisville
The preferred way to get affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Louisville is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and bad credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to help reduce premium rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Louisville. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It’s important to do price comparisons once or twice a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Louisville last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
When shopping for affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from different companies. The simplest method to find the lowest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so simple to compare insurance quotes online makes it a waste of time to actually drive to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the guidance only provided by licensed Louisville agents. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent. Keep in mind that quoting more provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Kentucky. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Louisville, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Louisville, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Mercedes-Benz but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Single drivers may have higher costs – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your car from being stolen.
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Louisville can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Louisville, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Louisville
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Louisville is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, try to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like your driving record and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)