The preferred way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Louisville.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Spark insurance in Louisville is your intention, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Companies offering Chevy Spark insurance in Kentucky
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these six discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount available very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Louisville car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Louisville. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local Louisville auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Louisville that provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How long has their agency been open in Louisville?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Upon getting positive responses to your questions as well as low cost Chevrolet Spark insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance company that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage.
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses such as nursing services, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Spark.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Kentucky), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This covers damage to your Spark caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Spark in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Quote more to save more
You just learned a lot of information how to save on Chevy Spark insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
More affordable auto insurance in Louisville is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)