Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Louisville is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Kentucky. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, read about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more details to find cheap rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Sky coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. The purpose of this article is to teach you how car insurance quotes work. But Kentucky consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Affordable companies for Saturn Sky insurance
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Louisville, KY. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Louisville car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sky insurance in Louisville.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are:
- Travelers may include discounts for home ownership, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, and new car.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and early bird.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, driver training, and air bags.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheaper Louisville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Louisville. For a list of companies who offer discounts in Louisville, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
What type of Louisville auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sam Wheeler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2902 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 459-9700 – View Map
- Tom Kanaly – State Farm Insurance Agent
6608 Bardstown Rd a – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 231-2350 – View Map
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
If you receive positive responses and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When searching for affordable Louisville car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Louisville can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about insurance in Kentucky can be found at these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)