We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare other rates are very likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Louisville is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The recommended way to get discount Saturn Ion insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Louisville. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to get affordable coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Once received, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing directly from their websites. The process is possible for anyone as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once you submit the form, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. Getting online price quotes for Saturn Ion insurance in Louisville makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to do this if you want to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
If you want to compare rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in Kentucky
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Louisville, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ion, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Saturn Ion but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Save money with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Telematics Discount – Louisville drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- American Family discounts include air bags, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, good student, anti-lock brakes, air bags, homeowners, and student driver.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, home ownership, multi-car, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, driver training, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in Louisville. To locate providers offering car insurance discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Louisville auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Louisville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Louisville that provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Louisville for you
If you need to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Louisville agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Louisville independent agents that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Louisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Kentucky auto insurance company ratings
Finding a good quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Louisville. The ranking data in the lists below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just covered many ways to reduce Saturn Ion insurance premium rates online in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Louisville car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective Saturn Ion insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Louisville, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Saturn Ion insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)