It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around once a year are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for Porsche Cayman insurance in Louisville is your ultimate objective, learning how to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Porsche Cayman insurance in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Kentucky.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Get cheaper Porsche Cayman insurance in Louisville with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Louisville and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall bill.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayman insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies with the best discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
All the larger car insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing Porsche Cayman insurance rates online is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best car insurance rates.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Kentucky. To get cheaper auto insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage table below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Porsche Cayman models. Having a good grasp of how rates are formulated can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$334||$764||$368||$22||$110||$1,598||$133|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$334||$852||$368||$22||$110||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Louisville location which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can increase Porsche Cayman yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Porsche Cayman car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the difference between Porsche Cayman car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Cayman replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Louisville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a local Louisville insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Louisville that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Miles
9475 Westport Rd #305 – Louisville, KY 40241 – (502) 423-1171 – View Map
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Richard White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2420 Lime Kiln Ln Ste E – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 326-9800 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Louisville?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheap Porsche Cayman insurance in Louisville can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When getting Louisville car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Felons in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Louisville Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)