How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost car insurance rates in Louisville, KY? Louisville drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable Porsche 911 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Porsche and locate the cheapest rates from Louisville insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to do price comparisons yearly since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rate on Porsche 911 insurance in Louisville two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding 911 insurance online but you can learn some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance in Louisville.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Porsche 911 insurance rate analysis
The rate table below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Porsche 911 models. Learning how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$622||$440||$26||$132||$1,482||$124|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$622||$440||$26||$132||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$284||$622||$374||$22||$112||$1,414||$118|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$622||$440||$26||$132||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$284||$622||$374||$22||$112||$1,414||$118|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$680||$440||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$284||$680||$440||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$284||$680||$374||$22||$112||$1,472||$123|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$306||$622||$374||$22||$112||$1,436||$120|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$680||$440||$26||$132||$1,584||$132|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$740||$440||$26||$132||$1,644||$137|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$352||$798||$440||$26||$132||$1,748||$146|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$352||$798||$440||$26||$132||$1,748||$146|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$352||$856||$374||$22||$112||$1,716||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Louisville location which can influence auto insurance rates greatly.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Porsche 911 annual premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Porsche 911 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Porsche 911 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Louisville, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Porsche has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Porsche at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Porsche 911. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Porsche 911 Insurance Rates Can Be More Affordable
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Discounts for married drivers – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Is you occupation costing you more? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as military generals, social workers, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Bundle policies and save money – Most larger car insurance companies apply a discount to clients who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other Louisville 911 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Porsche 911 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Prevent theft and reduce car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Eliminate add-on coverages – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Porsche 911 claim probability – Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Porsche Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Louisville car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total 911 insurance premium.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get a small discount on rates.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below compares Porsche 911 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of companies with the best Porsche 911 insurance discounts in Louisville in Louisville, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Louisville.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Louisville that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jerry Kays Insurance Inc
3701 Taylorsville Rd #1a – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 459-0833 – View Map
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Louisville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Justin Roper – State Farm Insurance Agent
8800 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 271-3211 – View Map
- Robin Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
4209 Shelbyville Rd, Ste B – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6476 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Louisville?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Louisville?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Compare rates regularly to save
Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and these smaller providers work with independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Louisville can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Louisville, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
You just read many tips how you can lower your Porsche 911 insurance car insurance rates in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
Steps to quoting cheaper Porsche 911 insurance in Louisville
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Louisville is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Much more information about insurance in Kentucky is located on the following sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Louisville, Kentucky? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)