Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Pontiac GTO in Kentucky can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Pontiac and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Louisville insurance agents.
You should take the time to shop coverage around occasionally because prices change quite often. If you had the best rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Louisville on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Pontiac GTO insurance in Louisville at a better price.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Louisville, KY, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheap GTO insurance.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current GTO insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Louisville car insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
To view providers with the best Pontiac GTO insurance discounts in Louisville in Kentucky, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a local Louisville insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Louisville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Louisville auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Louisville who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
- Schmidt Insurance Inc
7410 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 429-0477 – View Map
- Family Select Insurance
6409 Dutchmans Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 454-7283 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Louisville exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Mary Henry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 491-7797 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the price. Any agent in Louisville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Louisville?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kentucky?
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my Pontiac GTO be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
High credit scores save money – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Pontiac GTO if you improve your credit rating.
Bundle policies with the same company – Some insurers give lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Don’t skimp on liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac GTO insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your GTO more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Louisville is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Pontiac GTO insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
When searching for low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to saving money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Louisville
The preferred way to find affordable Pontiac GTO insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Louisville. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper GTO coverage is available in Louisville. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)