Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can diminish your bank account and maybe even restrict other spending. Shopping your coverage around can save money and help to tighten up your finances.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,134, Louisville drivers can cut their rates by up to $631 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. People have so many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to get the best deal for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Louisville.
Consumers need to quote other rates on a regular basis because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best quotes on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Louisville a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about Pathfinder insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to find cheap auto insurance in Louisville.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Louisville can initially seem challenging. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just need to learn the least time-consuming way to shop for insurance online.
Louisville Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in big savings.
The following are most of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both have fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Pathfinder yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- How do annual miles impact premiums? – The more you drive annually the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated Pathfinder is throwing money out the window.
- Get married and pay lower costs – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Pathfinder – Insurers study historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Pathfinder Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding cheap Louisville auto insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing free Louisville car insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Louisville car insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive to local Louisville insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want cheaper auto insurance in KY, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
The table displayed next outlines different coverage costs for Nissan Pathfinder models. Having a better idea how auto insurance prices are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$198||$346||$440||$26||$132||$1,142||$95|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$228||$346||$440||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$228||$346||$440||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$228||$346||$440||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$256||$422||$440||$26||$132||$1,276||$106|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$256||$422||$440||$26||$132||$1,276||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents influence Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive formula of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Pathfinder settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance is not optional in Kentucky
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Pathfinder insurance, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Pathfinder has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Pathfinder more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates in Louisville
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Louisville drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Louisville car insurance quotes online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Pathfinder can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give a small break for completing your application over the internet.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, good student, and military active duty.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, student away at school, and early quote.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in Louisville. To locate providers with the best Nissan Pathfinder insurance discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Louisville insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When you buy Louisville car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We covered many ideas to save on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
How to find the cheapest rates for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Louisville
Truthfully, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Louisville. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)