It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of Kentucky drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in America could cut their rates by $850 a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Nissan Juke insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Louisville.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Louisville. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Louisville can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, Kentucky vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Louisville can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Louisville. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Kentucky. To locate cheap auto insurance in Louisville, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a company requires you to look at more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If they are an independent agency in Louisville, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been open in Louisville?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Louisville are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville who can help you get rate quotes.
Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Louisville willing to provide rate quotes.
Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
Kentucky auto insurance companies
Choosing a high-quality insurer is difficult considering how many choices there are in Kentucky. The company rank data below may help you analyze which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheaper car insurance rates are available
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on Nissan Juke insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Louisville auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)