Truthfully, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Louisville is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Kentucky. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Frontier coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find better prices using this strategy. Pricing affordable insurance policy in Louisville is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Kentucky vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Louisville
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below compares Nissan Frontier annual premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, teen driver, mature driver, homeowner, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, accident-free, multiple policy, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, multi-policy, good student, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
How to find affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in Louisville, KY
Keep in mind that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kentucky. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Louisville, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Nissan Frontier coverage analysis
The coverage information displayed next showcases estimates of coverage costs for Nissan Frontier models. Having a good understanding how auto insurance prices are established is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$180||$408||$462||$28||$138||$1,216||$101|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$210||$408||$462||$28||$138||$1,246||$104|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$498||$462||$28||$138||$1,336||$111|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$242||$498||$462||$28||$138||$1,368||$114|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$242||$498||$462||$28||$138||$1,368||$114|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$242||$408||$368||$22||$110||$1,150||$96|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$586||$462||$28||$138||$1,456||$121|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$586||$462||$28||$138||$1,456||$121|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$498||$368||$22||$110||$1,240||$103|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$272||$498||$368||$22||$110||$1,270||$106|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$272||$498||$368||$22||$110||$1,270||$106|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$498||$368||$22||$110||$1,270||$106|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$498||$368||$22||$110||$1,270||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can alter auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan Frontier annual premium costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Frontier liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below compares Nissan Frontier insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Louisville.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Louisville who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching local Louisville agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Louisville who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Jerry Kays Insurance Inc
3701 Taylorsville Rd #1a – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 459-0833 – View Map
- Linda B Morton Insurance Agency
4600 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 966-5637 – View Map
- Schmidt Insurance Inc
7410 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 429-0477 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are Louisville exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Bob Savko – State Farm Insurance Agent
10839 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-7575 – View Map
- Milt Nugent – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Dupont Square N – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6426 – View Map
- Tom Kanaly – State Farm Insurance Agent
6608 Bardstown Rd a – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 231-2350 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Be persistent and save
Affordable Nissan Frontier insurance in Louisville can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to lower your Nissan Frontier insurance premium rates in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Louisville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)