If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Mercury Montego insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Louisville.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s shocking but most car insurance buyers in Kentucky renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Choosing the best rates in Louisville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Kentucky drivers must comprehend how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to your advantage.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Louisville is to understand almost all companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like the make and model of your vehicles, if you are currently licensed, driver ages, and coverage limits. The rating information is then sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimate instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Louisville.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Louisville, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
- How much liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Discounts for married couples – Your spouse actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving without insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Montego may be costing you higher rates. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- High credit scores save money – Credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Mercury Montego by repairing your credit. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Louisville, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Ratings for Kentucky auto insurance companies
Picking the best auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisville. The company information below can help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- The Hartford – A+
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%