We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop rates annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Louisville is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Louisville.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Choosing the best rates in Louisville can initially seem challenging. If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Drivers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to shop online.
The quickest way to compare rates for Volvo V90 insurance in Louisville is to know most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including your credit rating estimate, marital status, if a SR-22 is required, and which vehicles you own. The data is sent automatically to many different companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Louisville car insurance quotes with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Student in College – Children living away from Louisville attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Volvo and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Kentucky is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Local Louisville insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Louisville will have answers to these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kentucky?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Louisville?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where are claims handled?