Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch car insurance companies because they have good chances of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Louisville is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Suzuki XL-7 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Louisville.
- Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to get better rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Locating the best rates in Louisville is not that difficult. Nevertheless, Kentucky car owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
These discounts can lower Suzuki XL-7 insurance rates
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Louisville auto insurance but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, Switch & Save, DriveSense, homeowner, claim free, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly married, multi-car, good student, newly retired, preferred payment discount, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for student away at school, teen driver, group or association, mature driver, and company car.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, driver training, daytime running lights, good student, and federal employee.
If you are trying to find affordable Suzuki XL-7 insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply in Louisville. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes from different Louisville insurance companies. The best way to find cheaper rates consists of shopping online.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to go to and from local Louisville insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Suzuki XL-7 insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice only provided by licensed Louisville agents. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company does Louisville XL-7 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Louisville?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How often do they review coverages?
When searching for local Louisville agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Louisville exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
Cover all your bases
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Suzuki XL-7 insurance car insurance rates in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)