Comparison shopping for low cost Subaru WRX insurance in Louisville might be quite difficult for people who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. When there are so many insurers available, it can turn into hard work to find better prices on Subaru WRX insurance.
How to buy low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Louisville
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Louisville. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Shocking but true, most consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Drivers in Kentucky can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
It’s important to get comparison quotes periodically because auto insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Subaru WRX insurance in Louisville at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Louisville, KY. To buy the best car insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Subaru WRX insurance in Louisville
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Louisville.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current WRX insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Louisville auto insurance quote.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, multi-car, good student, DriveSense, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, multi-car, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for group or association, anti-theft, mature driver, teen driver, paid in full, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Louisville auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To view providers who offer online Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Subaru WRX Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Subaru WRX is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger auto insurance companies will award lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Where you live plays a part – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates. Drivers in populated Kentucky areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Vehicle features that cut prices – Buying a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- With age comes responsibility – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be more careless in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Getting married pays dividends – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your auto insurance policy. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated WRX is just wasting money.
Subaru WRX insurance loss probability – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that tend to have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru WRX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years