It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Louisville.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Louisville. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare other prices will most likely buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who shopped around annually saved about $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
Low Cost companies for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Kentucky. To buy cheap auto insurance in KY, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
An active auto insurance claims history can cost you more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Kentucky give the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Age of drivers – Young drivers in Kentucky are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Vocation reflects on rates – Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and accountants usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
High credit equals lower prices – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid by repairing your credit.
Cheaper rates by getting discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Louisville can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Optima Plug-In Hybrid is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose insurance companies who offer discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Louisville can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can affect which agent you choose.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Louisville exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Louisville independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
What is the best auto insurance company in Louisville?
Picking the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Louisville. The company rank data listed below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance rates online in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Louisville car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Louisville car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper insurance in Louisville can be purchased online in addition to many Louisville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)