Do you need a better way to compare the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Louisville? Tired of wondering where the money will come from each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Kentucky consumers.
Sadly, most consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,134, drivers could save roughly 30% every year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates.
How to save money on Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Louisville
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Louisville is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Kentucky. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with these eight discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Onboard Data Collection – Louisville drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, business or organization, family plan, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, seat belt use, air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, early bird, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Louisville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Kentucky, click here.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as chiropractic care, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses, court costs, pain and suffering and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Kentucky state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai Ioniq.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Ioniq caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Ioniq in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Cover all your bases
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Hyundai Ioniq insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
More affordable auto insurance in Louisville can be purchased online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to buying discount Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Louisville
The best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Ioniq coverage is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Louisville Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)