Do you want to learn to get more competitive GMC Acadia insurance in Louisville? If you are new to online car insurance, you may be bewildered because of the huge number of online car insurance companies and websites offering coverage in Louisville.
How to buy low-cost GMC Acadia insurance in Louisville
Really, the only way to find affordable GMC Acadia insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Louisville. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to lower rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Louisville. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop for lower prices will probably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
GMC Acadia insurance quotes comparison
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Louisville insurance discounts for a GMC Acadia
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Louisville drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between GMC Acadia annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, youthful driver, bundle discounts, teen driver, good student, homeowner, and mature driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, newly married, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Louisville.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information displayed next outlines different coverage costs for GMC Acadia models. Learning how insurance quotes are formulated can be useful when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Acadia SL 2WD
|Acadia SL AWD
|Acadia SLE 2WD
|Acadia SLE AWD
|Acadia SLT 2WD
|Acadia SLT AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Reckless driving habits raise Louisville auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase GMC Acadia car insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your premiums.
Females tend to take less risk – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, executives, and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Teenage drivers in Kentucky are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most larger insurance companies apply discounts to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other Louisville Acadia insurance rates to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Credit history impact car insurance prices – Your credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your GMC Acadia by repairing your credit.
Claims statistics for a GMC Acadia – Companies analyze historical claim data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Acadia Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Louisville.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Louisville that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
- Grant Insurance Agency, LLC
13000 Equity Pl #201 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 254-3332 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Louisville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Hatzell
406 Blankenbaker Pkwy, Ste C2 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 244-1079 – View Map
- Milt Nugent – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Dupont Square N – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6426 – View Map
- Richard White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2420 Lime Kiln Ln Ste E – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 326-9800 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Louisville?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Which car insurance company is best in Kentucky?
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The ranking data in the lists below may help you analyze which auto insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Smart shoppers get results
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare GMC Acadia insurance prices in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
How to buy cheaper GMC Acadia insurance in Louisville
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Louisville is to compare prices once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Kentucky. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kentucky can be found below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)