The recommended way to find low-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Louisville. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more ideas to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Thunderbird coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Amazingly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Kentucky have been with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in the United States can save almost $859 each year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Never have policy lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
Accidents drive up rates – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who get severe citations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
High insurance claims frequency drives up auto insurance rates – Insurance companies in Kentucky give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Some companies apply lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
What are good liability limits? – The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
To get low cost Louisville auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from many insurance companies in Kentucky. The easiest way by far to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Ford Thunderbird insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the trained guidance of a local agency. Drivers can find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps locate lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Louisville, KY, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Thunderbird, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t overlook these Ford Thunderbird insurance discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will lower your overall bill.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, military active duty, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
If you need the cheapest Ford Thunderbird rate quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Louisville.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Louisville?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If they are an independent agency in Louisville, which companies do they recommend?
- How long have they been in business?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Louisville can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Louisville willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Louisville willing to provide comparison quotes.
Once you have received good feedback to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage any time you want so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for any length of time.
Lower rates by being persistent
We covered a lot of information how to reduce Ford Thunderbird insurance prices online in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Louisville is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Louisville auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Louisville, Kentucky? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)