To save the most money, the best way to get discount Dodge Avenger insurance in Louisville is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Kentucky. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to help reduce prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Once received, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A survey found that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Louisville is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to shop for cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Comparing rates for affordable auto insurance coverage in Louisville is easy to do. Although Kentucky car owners do need to learn how insurance companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare quotes from lots of Kentucky insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Dodge Avenger rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s important to know that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want the best car insurance in Kentucky, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Dodge Avenger with a loan, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Kentucky overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Analysis of coverages
The information shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Avenger models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in Louisville location which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Dodge Avenger annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below illustrates how violations and accident claims can increase Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discount Louisville auto insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Louisville car insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Louisville can save you money since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, payment discounts, good student, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, new graduate, safety features, good student, newly retired, multi-car, and new move discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Dodge Avenger insurance quotes in Kentucky, click here to view.
Best car insurance in Kentucky
Choosing the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Louisville. The ranking information listed below could help you select which companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General