Want to know how to find cheaper Acura ILX insurance in Louisville? No normal person rejoices having to buy auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Kentucky insurance shoppers could save about $631 every year, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable auto insurance rates.
How to buy low-cost Acura ILX insurance in Louisville
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Louisville. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives instructions to get lower rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Louisville insurance agent
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Finding the cheapest coverage in Louisville is not that difficult. But Kentucky drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Use credit responsibly and save – Credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Acura ILX by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit.
Poor driving means higher premiums – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Just one driving citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get multiple citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Don’t abuse insurance claims – Companies in Kentucky give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Acura ILX claim probability – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
|Specific Acura Model
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Louisville car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Louisville Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn cheaper rates.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, distant student, homeowner, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Esurance may offer discounts for claim free, multi-car, renters, emergency road assistance, good driver, and DriveSense.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate discounts include resident student, premier plus, FullPay discount, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, good student, and multi-policy.
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Frequent quotes can save
We just presented a lot of techniques to lower your Acura ILX insurance premium rates in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Louisville auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for cheaper Louisville auto insurance quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced insurance in Louisville is attainable both online and with local Louisville insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
How to find low-cost Acura ILX insurance in Louisville
To save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Louisville.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)