If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Louisville.
First, try to comprehend coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper MKC coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important note is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop for lower rates are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved over $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Lincoln MKC insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Lincoln MKC insurance in Louisville
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in Louisville. For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Kentucky, follow this link.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Kentucky auto insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Kentucky. The rank data in the next section can help you pick which providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Louisville car insurance agents?
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Louisville who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Louisville?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Louisville can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Dave Metzger – State Farm Insurance Agent
6015 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-4800 – View Map
- Tracy Blair Haus State Farm Insurance Agency
11501 Main St – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 244-0271 – View Map
- Greg Vincent – State Farm Insurance Agent
167 S English Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40245 – (502) 245-3227 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to include at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Louisville willing to provide price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
- Linda B Morton Insurance Agency
4600 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 966-5637 – View Map
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map