Locating the cheapest insurance for a Lincoln Mark LT in Kentucky can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Lincoln and obtain the lowest price either online or from Louisville insurance agents.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices every six months since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Louisville last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Finding more affordable auto insurance in Louisville is not as hard as you think. Smart buyers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare price quotes online.
How to buy Louisville Lincoln Mark LT insurance online
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Louisville is pretty painless because you just enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. When complete, their system gets your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Louisville streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. In order to find cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Kentucky overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates by applying these nine discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Mark LT insurance premium.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers discounts include student away at school, good student, multi-policy, save driver, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area. To see providers offering car insurance discounts in Kentucky, click this link.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Louisville should know the answers to these questions.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When finding a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Louisville are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Louisville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Brandon Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
12342 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 254-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Hatzell
406 Blankenbaker Pkwy, Ste C2 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 244-1079 – View Map
- Thomas Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
709 S 4th St – Louisville, KY 40202 – (502) 584-6358 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Louisville that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
- A Central Insurance Agency
6708 Shepherdsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40228 – (502) 968-1112 – View Map
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lincoln Mark LT.
Due to the fact that many Kentucky drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, fire damage, hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Mark LT to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for nursing services, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Lincoln Mark LT insurance car insurance rates in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
When you buy Louisville auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
How to find better rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Louisville
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Louisville. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Mark LT coverage is available in Louisville. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)