Are you searching for lower-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville? Wish you could get out of high-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville? Trust us, you’re not alone.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in the U.S. could save as much as $850 every year just by shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
Steps to buying affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville
Really, the only way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Louisville.
- First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for the details to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Make sure you place your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the definite best rate on Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The cheapest Louisville Lincoln LS insurance quotes online
When looking for inexpensive Louisville car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Lincoln LS insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Louisville LS insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Louisville, KY. To buy cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln LS in Louisville, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your LS more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Lincoln from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your policy shows the correct driver usage. A policy that improperly rates your LS may be costing you.
- When should you not file car insurance claims? – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Kentucky award discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Little extras can really add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Even a single moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices – Having a good credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lincoln LS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lincoln LS insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Lincoln LS insurance in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper LS coverage is available in Louisville. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links: