To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Louisville is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that insure vehicles in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Stinger coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of Kentucky drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in the U.S. could save 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Louisville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nearly every car owner who buys auto insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But Kentucky consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Components of Your Kia Stinger Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your prices.
Poor credit history equals high prices – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Stinger by improving your credit score.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Extra coverages may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Kia Stinger scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers rates – Going without insurance is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Discount Louisville insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Stinger can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Louisville auto insurance quotes online.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce your policy cost.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, air bags, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, automatic seat belts, student driver, theft prevention, good student, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, switch companies, teen driver, and multi-car.
- Allstate discounts include defensive driver, good payer, multi-policy, resident student, and premier discount.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Louisville. To see a list of companies who offer online Kia Stinger insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
The cheapest Kia Stinger insurance in Louisville can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you quote Louisville auto insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Kia Stinger insurance prices in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kia Stinger insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)