If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Louisville is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Kentucky. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Sorento coverage is available in Louisville. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most consumers in Kentucky kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could save themselves $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these methods. But Kentucky consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Components of Your Kia Sorento Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most companies give discounts to people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare Kia Sorento rates in Louisville to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Prices for men may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises insurance rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates – Safe vehicles get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Kia Sorento scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Kia Sorento statistical loss data – Insurance companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Sorento Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance savings summarized
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Kia Sorento insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Louisville can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about insurance in Kentucky is located on the following sites:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)