The most effective way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Crosstrek insurance in Louisville. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who do rate comparisons are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding lower rate quotes. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Louisville is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
Don’t overlook these Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Louisville, click this link.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local Louisville car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is definitely important in Louisville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Louisville car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Louisville agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Below are Louisville independent insurance agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Gerald Schott Insurance
10602 Timberwood Cir # 14 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 426-5887 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Christopher James Parsons Agency
10300 Brookridge Village Blvd Ste 103 – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 239-5054 – View Map
- Dolack Insurance Agency Inc.
4050 Westport Rd – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 333-0577 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Louisville exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Carmel Stauffer – State Farm Insurance Agent
3805 Poplar Level Rd – Louisville, KY 40213 – (502) 375-1744 – View Map
- Peggy Druin – State Farm Insurance Agent
1547 Old Preston Hwy N b – Louisville, KY 40229 – (502) 955-9746 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Louisville, get answers to these questions.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Louisville can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Louisville auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Louisville. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles: