It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Louisville is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Really, the only way to save on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Louisville is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques presented in this article. This information will familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Kentucky car owners must learn the way companies calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
All the larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get prices from their websites. Getting online quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Louisville is very simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you submit the form the system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Louisville makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment on insurance.
To quickly compare rates now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Kentucky. To get the best auto insurance in KY, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Cherokee insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, new car, IntelliDrive, driver training, early quote, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, good driver, accident-free, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Louisville. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is definitely important in Louisville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Louisville who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Louisville can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Louisville independent insurance agents that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
- Phil Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
9300 Shelbyville Rd #1004 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 327-6966 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville that are able to give rate quotes.
- Dick Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Taylorsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 458-9543 – View Map
- Ivy Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
4919 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 449-1362 – View Map
- Greg Vincent – State Farm Insurance Agent
167 S English Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40245 – (502) 245-3227 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How long have they been in business?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Jeep Cherokee insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance in Louisville is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Louisville car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)