It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved over $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Louisville is the reason for your visit, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The best way to get low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Louisville.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the best rates in Louisville is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare rates online from multiple companies.
Companies offering cheap Chevy Cruze rates in Louisville, KY
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Louisville, KY. To locate cheap car insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Louisville insurance quotes
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Cruze can save up to 30% since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Kentucky, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have optional add-on coverages that can add up on your Cruze policy. Things like roadside assistance, towing, and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated Cruze is throwing money out the window.
- Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurance companies allow better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other Louisville Cruze insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Gender and insurance prices – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Marriage is a good thing – Your spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- The type of car you drive affects your rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Chevy Cruze claim data – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Louisville auto insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Louisville will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Louisville?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Louisville?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
After you get good answers to these questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an provider that is a good match to adequately provide insurance.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
You just learned many ideas to find affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Louisville car insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much is Louisville Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)