The preferred way to find affordable car insurance rates in Louisville is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Kentucky.
- Step 1: Try to understand policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s astonishing, but most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in Kentucky being $2,100, drivers could save an average of approximately $631 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
Companies offering affordable Chevy Aveo rates in Louisville, KY
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. To find cheap car insurance in Louisville, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Chevy Aveo coverage statistics
The information shown below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Aveo models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$120||$262||$306||$18||$92||$798||$67|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$262||$306||$18||$92||$798||$67|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$136||$262||$306||$18||$92||$814||$68|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$262||$306||$18||$92||$814||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Louisville location which can affect coverage rates greatly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevy Aveo auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Aveo replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get cheaper Chevy Aveo insurance rates in Louisville
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Louisville auto insurance online.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Louisville could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring several vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below compares Chevy Aveo auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
For a list of companies that offer discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Big cities mean more claims – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Liability coverage claims can be big – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Auto insurance rates and your employer – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, business owners, and miners tend to have higher rates than average in part from intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Age of drivers – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers are proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Chevy in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Aveo may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Buying auto insurance from Louisville insurance agencies
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Louisville.
By using this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Louisville who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Be persistent and save
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Aveo insurance prices online in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Louisville auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced car insurance in Louisville can be found online as well as from independent agents in Louisville, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy Louisville auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)