The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Mazda CX-5 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Louisville. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Louisville. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Remarkably, a study showed that most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Louisville insurance shoppers could save an average of $600 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Seven factors that determine insurance rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Certain vocations raise rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as doctors, airline pilots, and miners have higher premium rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
Being married is a good thing – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. It usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Prevent theft and save – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Kentucky give cheaper rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kentucky motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Good drivers pay better premiums – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Small coverages can add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Mazda CX-5 insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current CX-5 insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Louisville auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, student away at school, continuous insurance, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has savings for good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you need the cheapest Mazda CX-5 rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To view car insurance companies with discount rates in Kentucky, click here.
What is the best car insurance company in Louisville?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Kentucky. The ranking information shown next may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
How much can you save?
You just read some good ideas how you can find cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Louisville auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Louisville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Louisville auto insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Louisville? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)