A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Louisville drivers could save themselves as much as 30% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers in Louisville. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Locating the cheapest policy in Louisville can be fairly easy. But Kentucky consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
When looking for low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Kentucky. The recommended way to find the lowest Hyundai G90 rates is to get quotes online.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kentucky. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Get lower-cost Hyundai G90 insurance in Louisville with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Louisville and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total G90 insurance premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good driver, multi-policy, professional/association, multi-car, type of vehicle, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Louisville.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower rates.
Shown below are some of the things companies use to determine prices.
Tickets mean higher rates – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one driving citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Limits of liability – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Consolidate home and auto and save – Most larger companies give discounts to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Frequent policy claims increase rates – Companies in Kentucky generally give the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Don’t let your policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Louisville that can provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Different types of Louisville car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Vince Jarboe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5101 New Cut Rd – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 380-3800 – View Map
- Dave Goodman – State Farm Insurance Agent
1906 Crums Ln – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-5436 – View Map
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Louisville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
- Phil Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
9300 Shelbyville Rd #1004 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 327-6966 – View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai G90?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Ratings for Kentucky auto insurance companies
Choosing the best car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Louisville. The rank data shown below can help you decide which companies to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
Budget-conscious Hyundai G90 insurance can be found online in addition to many Louisville insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Hyundai G90 insurance in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Hyundai G90 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Louisville Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)