It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your goal, then learning about the best ways to find and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Louisville is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Kentucky.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Score discounts on Louisville car insurance
Some insurers don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Entourage insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Entourage can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, military active duty, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- 21st Century has discounts for defensive driver, homeowners, early bird, automatic seat belts, student driver, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered on policies in Louisville. If you would like to see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Louisville, click here to view.
Cheapest Hyundai Entourage insurance rate quotes in Louisville, KY
To get low cost Louisville car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different Louisville insurance companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you require the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Hyundai Entourage Insurance Premiums?
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Hyundai Entourage is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Entourage may be costing you higher rates.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Prevent coverage lapses – Going without insurance can be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
High stress vocation may mean higher premiums – Careers like judges, architects, and financial analysts generally have higher premium rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – Companies in Kentucky provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount when buying insurance. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurers will award a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Louisville insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Louisville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Louisville that can give you free Louisville car insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below are Louisville auto insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Louisville.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Choosing the best Hyundai Entourage insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Entourage insurance, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai Entourage, most lenders will require that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Entourage definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many ideas to compare Hyundai Entourage insurance rates in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Louisville can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)