Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Kentucky could save 30% every year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Louisville is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Kentucky. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and poor credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional tips to lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Affordable companies for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Kentucky
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. To find the best cheap car insurance in Louisville, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Louisville
Car insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a slight reduction on a Louisville car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Bolt EV insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premium.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. To view insurers that offer discounts in Louisville, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Louisville insurance agents?
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is there a local claims center in Louisville?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Louisville?
- How many years have they been established?
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Louisville may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Charlton Grant Sr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1802 Farnsley Rd – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-0202 – View Map
- Tom Kanaly – State Farm Insurance Agent
6608 Bardstown Rd a – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 231-2350 – View Map
- Clay Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8145 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 426-1511 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Louisville that are able to give price quote information.
- Gerald Schott Insurance
10602 Timberwood Cir # 14 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 426-5887 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lisa Spalding Sherman Insurance Agency Inc
10339 Linn Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 423-1611 – View Map
- Claude Reynolds Insurance
6801 Dixie Hwy #232 – Louisville, KY 40258 – (502) 933-2255 – View Map
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Louisville car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Bolt EV insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Louisville can be found online and with local Louisville insurance agents, so you need to shop Louisville car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)