Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of Kentucky drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. consumers could save roughly 46.5% every year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Truthfully, the best way to save money on Acura NSX insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Louisville. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
This information will familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts covered in this article. But Kentucky consumers do need to understand how big insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate the best rates.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Kentucky, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper rates on Acura NSX insurance in Louisville with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current NSX insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Louisville auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help lower your premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, and multiple policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, good student, teen driver, 55 and older, and air bags.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Louisville.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura NSX in Louisville, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura NSX, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Louisville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Louisville who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Louisville auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Louisville who may provide pricing information.
- A Central Insurance Agency
6708 Shepherdsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40228 – (502) 968-1112 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Ditsler Insurance Inc
1313 Lyndon Ln #102 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 895-0812 – View Map
- Corey Insurance Agency
3832 Taylorsville Rd #1 – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 473-7910 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Hatzell
406 Blankenbaker Pkwy, Ste C2 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 244-1079 – View Map
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Troy Coulter – State Farm Insurance Agent
4906 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 964-2002 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?