Would you like to find low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Louisville? When searching for cheaper insurance, are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance choices in Louisville? Lot’s of other people are too. There are so many choices to choose from that it can really be a real difficult job to lower your premium rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Louisville. If you live there, you know that Louisville is a good city to live in, but pricey car insurance can make it very difficult to meet other financial obligations.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Louisville is why you’re reading this, knowing how to shop for coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Shopping around for cheaper protection in Louisville is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Kentucky drivers need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps locate lower pricing. Not every company does online Louisville Continental insurance quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Kentucky. To locate cheap auto insurance in Louisville, KY, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Discount Louisville car insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when getting a Louisville auto insurance quote.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Data Collection Discounts – Louisville drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Louisville.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Your employer and auto insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like lawyers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
Amount of liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Fewer miles means better premiums – The higher the miles on your Lincoln annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Continental may be costing you.
Local Louisville car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to companies in Louisville who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Louisville?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Louisville are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
The following are Louisville exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Thomas Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
709 S 4th St – Louisville, KY 40202 – (502) 584-6358 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Miles
9475 Westport Rd #305 – Louisville, KY 40241 – (502) 423-1171 – View Map
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Louisville that can give you price quotes.
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
- Nelson Insurance Group
2000 Envoy Cir # 2000 – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 736-7000 – View Map
- Family Select Insurance
6409 Dutchmans Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 454-7283 – View Map
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel a policy any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency indefinitely.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Louisville auto insurance companies
Finding a high-quality company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The ranking information in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing about your coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to find cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-conscious Lincoln Continental insurance is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
How to find lower priced Lincoln Continental insurance in Louisville
The preferred way to get discount auto insurance rates in Louisville is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Kentucky. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. This provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Louisville Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)