A recent study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Louisville can save 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
The most effective way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Louisville is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Kentucky.
Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Niro coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Locating the best rates in Louisville is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers only have to learn the quickest method to compare prices on the web.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Louisville Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Niro can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your premiums.
To locate companies who offer cheap Kia Niro insurance quotes in Louisville in Kentucky, click here to view.
Cutting your Louisville auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing free Louisville car insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Kia Niro insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Louisville, KY. In order to find cheap car insurance in Louisville, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Four Tips to Get Cheap Louisville Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident.
Limits of liability – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Married drivers get cheaper costs – Your spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Compare prices but buy from a local Louisville insurance agency
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Louisville that can give you rate quotes.
- Brian Morrison – State Farm Insurance Agent
104 Ridgeway Ave – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 895-2955 – View Map
- Tom Kanaly – State Farm Insurance Agent
6608 Bardstown Rd a – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 231-2350 – View Map
- Dick Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Taylorsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 458-9543 – View Map
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Louisville who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance Ditsler Insurance Inc
1313 Lyndon Ln #102 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 895-0812 – View Map
- Louisville Kentucky Insurance
4500 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 447-3711 – View Map
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
Once you have good responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy with no way to switch.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Niro insurance, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Niro, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves your Kia and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Niro are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Kentucky car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the best insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Kentucky. The rank data below can help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Kia Niro insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you many ways to reduce Kia Niro insurance prices online in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)