Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Kentucky could cut their rates by about $631 a year, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Louisville. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Louisville can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Smart shoppers just have to use the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around online.
Cutting your Louisville auto insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. If you want cheap auto insurance in Louisville, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Buying auto insurance from Louisville auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What companies can they write with?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a good Louisville insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Louisville are either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Louisville who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob Dotson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9800 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 339-8086 – View Map
- Bob Savko – State Farm Insurance Agent
10839 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-7575 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Miles
9475 Westport Rd #305 – Louisville, KY 40241 – (502) 423-1171 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Louisville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Grant Insurance Agency, LLC
13000 Equity Pl #201 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 254-3332 – View Map
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
- Family Select Insurance
6409 Dutchmans Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 454-7283 – View Map