The easiest way to save on Audi S8 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Louisville. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Kentucky could save roughly $600 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Finding the most affordable coverage in Louisville is not as confusing as people think. But Kentucky consumers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies price online insurance.
Best companies for cheap Audi S8 insurance in Kentucky
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Louisville, KY. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in KY, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Sign Online – Many companies may give you up to $50 get Louisville car insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current S8 insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, multi-policy, defensive driver, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free Audi S8 insurance quotes in Kentucky, follow this link.
Get Audi S8 Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The following are a few of the things used by companies to determine prices.
Excellent credit saves on car insurance – Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Audi S8 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Deter theft and save – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Rates may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, airline pilots, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Poor driving leads to higher rates – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Teenagers are high risk – Young drivers in Kentucky tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Audi S8 statistical loss data – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine rates. Models that have higher losses will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Audi S8 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S8 4dr 4WD||288||266|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is my Audi S8 covered for flood damage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Louisville should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Louisville who may provide you with price quotes.
- Mary Henry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 491-7797 – View Map
- Clay Robinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8145 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 426-1511 – View Map
- Jeff Kleier – State Farm Insurance Agent
13303 Magisterial Dr – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 882-1855 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Louisville independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Schmidt Insurance Inc
7410 New La Grange Rd – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 429-0477 – View Map
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
- Reeves Insurance Agency
3616 Dixie Hwy – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 448-6226 – View Map
Ratings for Louisville auto insurance companies
Selecting a good quality auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Kentucky. The information in the next section may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Shop smart and save
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Audi S8 insurance rates in Louisville. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More affordable insurance in Louisville is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)