If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Louisville is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Kentucky. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on FJ Cruiser insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Kentucky could pocket approximately 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Our objective is to introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
What Affects Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Costs?
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates.
- Does your job cost you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and medical professionals have higher premium rates due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Single drivers may pay higher prices – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Expect high rates for teens – Drivers with little experience are known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your insurance policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the miles on your Toyota each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated FJ Cruiser is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Lower prices with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Always keep your policy in place – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
Finding low cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just need to take time comparing free Louisville auto insurance quotes to discover which company has cheaper Louisville auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Louisville, KY. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Kentucky, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table below outlines different insurance prices for Toyota FJ Cruiser models. Knowing how auto insurance policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$272||$408||$368||$22||$110||$1,180||$98|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$304||$408||$368||$22||$110||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premium rates significantly.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota FJ Cruiser replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Choosing the best FJ Cruiser insurance in Kentucky is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota FJ Cruiser in Louisville, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your FJ Cruiser, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Toyota FJ Cruiser and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Louisville?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, early bird, anti-lock brakes, good student, homeowners, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly married, new move discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance discounts in Kentucky, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Louisville.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Louisville who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Below are Louisville auto insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Louisville.
- Jeremy Graham – State Farm Insurance Agent
5438 New Cut Rd Ste 102 – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 368-6529 – View Map
- Duanne Hawkins Cooper – State Farm Insurance Agent
2152 Glenworth Ave – Louisville, KY 40218 – (502) 458-0258 – View Map
- Mary Henry – State Farm Insurance Agent
5800 Bardstown Rd – Louisville, KY 40291 – (502) 491-7797 – View Map
- Ivy Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
4919 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 449-1362 – View Map
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How long has the business existed?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is there a local claims center in Louisville?
- Will they give you a referral list?
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Louisville can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Louisville, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kentucky can be read below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)