Would you like to stop wasting money and find low-cost Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Louisville? Locating better insurance prices for your Mitsubishi Raider in Kentucky could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Mitsubishi and find the best price possible from both online companies and Louisville agents.
It’s shocking but 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Kentucky insurance shoppers could cut their rates by roughly 30% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rate on Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Louisville on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Louisville doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your coverage preferences on the page. After you submit the form their quoting system orders credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on many factors.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this in order to find cheap prices.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, car insurance is required in Kentucky but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Raider has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Determine discounts to get cheap Louisville insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student – Older children living away from Louisville attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Raider insurance in Louisville.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Louisville can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, membership and employees, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, student away at school, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, mature driver, early shopping, pay in full, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, multi-policy, renters, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including location of vehicle, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To choose companies with the best Mitsubishi Raider insurance discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Louisville who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Kentucky?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are Louisville exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Milt Nugent – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Dupont Square N – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6426 – View Map
- Ivy Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
4919 Dixie Hwy b – Louisville, KY 40216 – (502) 449-1362 – View Map
- Dick Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Taylorsville Rd – Louisville, KY 40205 – (502) 458-9543 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Louisville independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Linda B Morton Insurance Agency
4600 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 966-5637 – View Map
- Glenn E Martin Insurance
10226 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 245-8870 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Ditsler Insurance Inc
1313 Lyndon Ln #102 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 895-0812 – View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume you are locked into your new company indefinitely.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Best car insurance in Louisville
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Louisville. The company information displayed below can help you decide which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Budget-conscious Mitsubishi Raider insurance can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Louisville
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers in Louisville.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)