If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Louisville is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Kentucky.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to prevent high rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who get price comparisons are likely to move their business because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Smart buyers just need to learn the best way to shop their coverage around online.
Finding more affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. To buy cheap car insurance in Louisville, KY, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Louisville
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total C350 insurance premium.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current C350 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new C350 may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rate analysis
The rate table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Being able to understand how premiums are calculated is important for making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$276||$586||$314||$18||$94||$1,288||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific Louisville garaging location which can affect premiums noticeably.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Mercedes-Benz C350 liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mercedes-Benz C350 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Louisville.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Louisville car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Louisville are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Louisville that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Linda B Morton Insurance Agency
4600 Outer Loop – Louisville, KY 40219 – (502) 966-5637 – View Map
- Phil Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
9300 Shelbyville Rd #1004 – Louisville, KY 40222 – (502) 327-6966 – View Map
- Logan, Stanley – Logan Lavelle Hunt Insurance
11420 Bluegrass Pkwy – Louisville, KY 40299 – (502) 499-6880 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Greg Vincent – State Farm Insurance Agent
167 S English Station Rd – Louisville, KY 40245 – (502) 245-3227 – View Map
- Milt Nugent – State Farm Insurance Agent
1005 Dupont Square N – Louisville, KY 40207 – (502) 897-6426 – View Map
- Bob Dotson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9800 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 339-8086 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Louisville?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been in business in Louisville?
Quote Mercedes-Benz C350 Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive your Mercedes-Benz in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having an incorrect usage rating on your C350 is throwing money out the window. Verify your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Driving citations mean higher premiums – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below shows how violations and accident claims can impact Mercedes-Benz C350 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Jobs such as doctors, business owners, and medical professionals generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies afford discounts for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Prices impacted by your city – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Louisville C350 insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Kentucky these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
In the end, you can save money
The cheapest Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Louisville can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Louisville, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, high prices and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small local company.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Louisville? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)