If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Jeep Wrangler insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who provide car insurance in Louisville.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Louisville. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you'll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of Kentucky drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in the United States could save themselves 47% a year, but they don't want to spend time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper car insurance without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Louisville is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just need to understand the fastest way to quote multiple rates instantly.
Best companies for affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance in Kentucky
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Louisville, KY. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Louisville, KY, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table displayed next showcases estimates of prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are calculated can help customers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$250||$274||$428||$26||$128||$1,106||$92|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$250||$274||$534||$32||$160||$1,250||$104|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$250||$350||$428||$26||$128||$1,182||$99|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$288||$274||$534||$32||$160||$1,288||$107|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$288||$350||$428||$26||$128||$1,220||$102|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$288||$274||$534||$32||$160||$1,288||$107|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$288||$274||$534||$32||$160||$1,288||$107|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$288||$350||$428||$26||$128||$1,220||$102|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$288||$350||$534||$32||$160||$1,364||$114|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$324||$350||$534||$32||$160||$1,400||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below shows how violations and fender-benders can increase Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Jeep Wrangler claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Smart Buyers Save on Insurance
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Premiums can be impacted by your occupation - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, careers like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- High credit scores save money - Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Wrangler if you clean up your credit.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Jeep Wrangler insurance loss probability - Insurers study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Paperwork-free - Many auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on their website.
- Multi-line Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Louisville car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a Louisville car insurance quote.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- ABS Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Louisville, click this link.
Can't I compare prices from local Louisville auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Louisville.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Louisville who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won't even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Louisville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both properly insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's a good idea to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Louisville that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Louisville willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my Jeep Wrangler covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop around and save
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Louisville? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)