It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Louisville is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Kentucky. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Louisville is actually quite simple. In a nutshell, every person who carries car insurance should find better rates. Nevertheless, Kentucky consumers must understand how the larger insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Kentucky
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Louisville, KY. To find cheap auto insurance in Louisville, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Discounts can help lower rates on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Louisville
Car insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used 124 Spider can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better car insurance rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Louisville, follow this link.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Alarm systems lowers prices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Fiat annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 124 Spider is just wasting money. Double check that your insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Rates can be impacted by your job – Occupations such as doctors, police officers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Other occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Poor driving habits leads to higher costs – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Your location is a factor – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Fiat 124 Spider is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my Fiat 124 Spider covered for flood damage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
After receiving good responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel a policy any time you want so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
We covered a lot of ways to save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Louisville. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Louisville auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Fiat 124 Spider insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Louisville Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Louisville, Kentucky? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Louisville? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)