Saving money on GMC Canyon insurance in Louisville can seem to be frustrating for drivers new to quoting coverage prices online. With literally dozens of online companies available, it can turn into a burden to find more affordable rates on GMC Canyon insurance.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for GMC Canyon insurance in Louisville
The best way to get low-cost GMC Canyon insurance in Louisville is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Kentucky.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on car insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
Affordable companies for GMC Canyon insurance in Kentucky
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kentucky. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
GMC Canyon insurance statistics and information
The coverage table displayed below covers different insurance rates for GMC Canyon models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are established can be of help when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$200||$322||$336||$20||$100||$978||$82|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$200||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,048||$87|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$200||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,048||$87|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,048||$87|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$230||$322||$336||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$230||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,078||$90|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,078||$90|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$230||$322||$336||$20||$100||$1,008||$84|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$460||$336||$20||$100||$1,146||$96|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$230||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,078||$90|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$260||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$260||$392||$336||$20||$100||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kentucky minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower GMC Canyon insurance premiums for each different age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Louisville
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders impact GMC Canyon annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below compares GMC Canyon insurance prices for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below compares GMC Canyon insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Kentucky. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Canyon claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Louisville car insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Louisville and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Louisville can save a few bucks since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the difference between GMC Canyon auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Kentucky state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Louisville car insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state. To find insurers who offer online GMC Canyon insurance quotes in Louisville, click here to view.
Local agents and insurance
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Louisville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you contact a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Louisville that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Epic Insurance Solutions
9700 Ormsby Station Rd #200 – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 805-3742 – View Map
- Dick Watts Insurance
12200 Shelbyville Rd #112 – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 245-3625 – View Map
- Braden Insurance Agency Inc.
3069 Breckenridge Ln – Louisville, KY 40220 – (502) 437-3926 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Louisville willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Dotson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9800 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40223 – (502) 339-8086 – View Map
- Vince Jarboe – State Farm Insurance Agent
5101 New Cut Rd – Louisville, KY 40214 – (502) 380-3800 – View Map
- Brandon Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
12342 Shelbyville Rd – Louisville, KY 40243 – (502) 254-9300 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Louisville, get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
How to find a good Louisville auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Kentucky. The ranking data listed below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Louisville Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Louisville can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Louisville agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When searching for the cheapest GMC Canyon rate quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce GMC Canyon insurance premium rates online in Louisville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable GMC Canyon insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
How to find better rates for GMC Canyon insurance in Louisville
The best way we recommend to save on auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Louisville. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Louisville Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)